It's a new year, and many of us have health-related resolutions. To help your body repair and reset, try eating more detoxifying veggies. This French Lentil Detox Salad is a great start!
This salad, created for us by Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table, is filled with color and plant-based protein. It has another benefit in that it offers naturally detoxifying ingredients, such as:
- Lentils are packed with fiber, protein, and minerals. French lentils are a blood-sugar-stabilizing and heart-healthy energy source.
- Cabbage is filled with vitamin k, vitamin c, and manganese. It is also a cholesterol-lowering, digestion-friendly vegetable.
- Beets are a high-antioxidant vegetable that contains a number of nutrients that have been shown to be cleansing and detoxifying.
- Parsley is an excellent source of flavonoid antioxidants. The leaf helps improve digestion and acts as a natural diuretic to help to relieve bloating.
Here's the ingredient list, but check out Laura's full post for the full recipe!
French Green Lentil Detox Salad
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 drops liquid stevia (I used lemon stevia)
- 1/2 C red onion, chopped
- 2 C sliced red cabbage
- 1 C French green lentils, cooked
- 1 small beet, roasted and cubed*
- 2 C spinach, rough chopped
- 1/4 C parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Click here to read the full recipe, and to check out Laura's other healthy recipes!