Oats are good for more than hot cereal. These Blueberry Chia Oatmeal Bars are a great make-ahead breakfast or snack!
With just a few simple ingredients, you'll love these vegan oatmeal bars from Nicole at Foodie Loves Fitness. Nicole loves oats as a source of fiber, which keeps her feeling full and satisfied for longer.
Prep these at the beginning of the week and you'll have breakfast or snacks for the whole week!
Blueberry Chia Oatmeal Bars
- 3 cups Farmer Direct Co-op regular rolled oats
- 1 medium ripe organic banana, mashed
- ⅔ cup organic blueberries
- ¼ cup organic creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup organic brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup organic almond milk
- 3 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and coat an 8x11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the peanut butter and brown rice syrup in a small pot over low heat, stirring often as the mixture melts.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats and chia seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add the mashed banana, almond milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla to the melted peanut butter mixture, stirring to combine well.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats/chia seeds. Mix together with a wooden spoon. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the oat mixture to the baking dish, spreading evenly and pressing down into the dish with the wooden spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the oats are lightly browned and blueberries are bubbly. Allow to slightly cool before cutting into bars.
Click here to read the full blog post and check out Nicole's other healthy recipes and killer workouts!