Rolled oats combined with naturally sweet carrots and a bit of added protein make this Carrot Cake Protein Parfait the prefect breakfast. Make it the night before for a quick breakfast that will keep you satisfied on these active summer days!
This recipe from Laura at Sprint 2 the Table calls for shredded carrots. She advises that you can shred one up with a handheld grater in a matter of seconds.
Laura has a fondness for carrot cake, but this athlete's trainer has advised her that it's perhaps not the best thing to have for breakfast. We love this healthy version of an old favorite that she created using our own rolled oats.
Carrot Cake Protein Parfait
For the Oats:
- 1/3 C rolled oats
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 tsp pie spice
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 drops liquid stevia (adjust to desired sweetness)
For the Cheesecake Cream:
- 3 oz plain Greek yogurt (use soy or almond yogurt to make dairy-free/vegan)
- 1/2 scoop (15g) vanilla rice protein powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 drops cheesecake flavoring
- 2-3 drops stevia
Click here to read the full recipe and check out Laura's other healthy recipes.