This gluten-free recipe is easy to make year-round in the crock-pot. It's a meal that’s packed with fiber and protein, which is guaranteed to keep you and your family satisfied and healthy.
This recipe by Lindsay at Cotter Crunch is also packed with FLAVOR! I don't know about you, but that's not something I expect when I see that a recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and nut free.
The flavorful garlicky green broth that the french green lentils are soaked in as they cook allows them to get the most nutrient absorption and provides digestive support. That's important as lentils are a great source of magnesium, calcium, and iron.
Here's the ingredient list, but click here to check out the full post for the recipe. We learned a LOT reading it, plus we've already made the recipe and can vouch for it's deliciousness!
Garlicky Green Crock-Pot Chicken and Lentils
- 1.5 lbs skinless chicken breasts (around four 5oz. chicken breasts)
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth (gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee (melted)
For the GREEN SAUCE marinade:
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 mint leaves
- 3 - 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2oz (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked (or regular) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper (and any extra desired for when you serve individually plates)
For the optional Green Avocado Yogurt on top, mix 1/2 an avocado with 1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream.
Click here to read the full blog post and check out Lindsay's other healthy recipes.