This creamy, healthy Gingerbread Overnight Oats recipe is topped with a naturally sweet strawberry compote. A perfect start to a busy day!
To say these oats are packed with nutrients would be an understatement. Heather from The Soulful Spoon created this recipe using our organic oats, which are rich in fiber and manganese. She also added organic flax meal and chia seeds, which provide omega-3’s. To top it all off, she naturally sweetened the overnight oats with blackstrap molasses, which is packed with good stuff like iron, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin B6!
Molasses, combined with classic gingerbread spices, makes this a great way to plan ahead for festive breakfast. Who couldn't use a quick, healthy meal on a busy morning?
Gingerbread Overnight Oats
- ⅓ C organic rolled oats
- 1 tsp organic flax meal (or more chia)
- 1 tsp organic chia seeds (or more flax)
- ½ tsp organic blackstrap molasses
- 1 T. coconut flour (optional, but it's low in fat and makes it thicker, creamier, and higher in fiber)
- Pinch of stevia (or a tsp of another sweetener, such as organic maple syrup)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Pinch each of nutmeg and cloves (no more than ⅛ tsp)
- ½ C non-dairy milk
- ⅓ C frozen sliced strawberry halves
For instructions and more delicious, healthy recipes, visit Heather's blog here.