Split peas and potatoes come together in this soup to create the perfect, creamy bowl of comfort food!
Some people are hesitant about split peas. One bite of this flavorful, silky soup from Kaleigh, who blogs at Lively Table, will change your mind.
The bacon on top gives it a great texture contrast, plus adds a bit of richness to each bite. Doesn't this sound like perfection on a chilly evening?
Here's the ingredient list, but check out Kaleigh's full post for the full instructions!
- 3 strips applewood smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 C Farmer Direct dried split peas
- 2 C gold potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 C vegetable or chicken stock
- For garnish: cooked bacon (from step one), chopped parsley, and sour cream or Greek yogurt
Click here to read the full recipe and to check out Kaleigh's other healthy recipes!